LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Hello, my name is Fernanda and I am 24 years old. I started this blog because I wanted to tell the story about my tough journey on losing 60 lbs. At first I doubted that I would ever lose any weight as I have tried for years without any success and why would it be different this time?? Maybe because this time I have more confidence than ever, and I am DETERMINED which the other times I tried losing weight I wasn't...  Well I am proud to say that I am halfway there and have lost a total of 28 lbs so far. \o/ By the way I am currently 171 lbs but I have been at 250 in my teen years and I have finally decided that I am DONE being fat. Please worry about reading my posts and not my run-on sentences or bad grammar as English is not my first language.

Here's a little about my weight struggle so you can get to know me better.
I guess I can say that my weight never really bothered me until it was time to find a boyfriend (around 15 years old) I starved myself numerous times and it didn't work. Then when I was about 17 I found my true love and he loved me for who I was, and I guess he also loved the chubby cheeks =) back then I was probably 220 lbs. Anyway then after I got myself a boyfriend I was too busy with that so the weight didn't bother me anymore. Then when I was about 19 I joined my first gym, the weight started bothering me because everyone looked good in their party dresses and I didn't so it DID bother me. I started working out 3x a week and I was able to lose a few lbs on my own but then after a while I got lazy and didn't want anything to do with the gym. I was one of those paying customers who didn't go to the gym at all. Then for a long time I was 200 lbs until I got sick and discovered that I had to remove my gallbladder which made me lose 20 lbs. I went down to 180 lbs and that was the skinniest I have ever been so I was happy at that weight even though I lost it because of sickness. Then once again I told myself that I would lose more weight and that was the perfect time because I needed to get healthier. SO I joined the gym again and was able to go from 180 to 176 in 4 months! I felt like I put in too much work and effort in these 4 months to only lose 4 lbs in 4 months but guess what? I was eating sweets like crazy! I've always had a bad diet which consisted of somedays not eating much and other days eating too much sweets. I never "understood" why I was overweight since I didn't eat much. In my mind I was fat because of bad genes and NOT because it was my own fault. In 2011 I traveled to my home country for the first time after 11 years, and the food was delicious so of course I didn't stop myself from eating all the good stuff and the delicious cakes ALL DAY, the result of that: I gained 12 lbs in the month that I was in Brazil. When I arrived back in the US I was stressed out over the weight I put on, and gained more weight until I was up again to 198 lbs. Then I told myself I don't want to be 200 lbs anymore! It is not acceptable so my good friend introduced me to this crazy person called Thiago who is a nutritionist/personal trainer, at this point I was desperate so I went in and talked to him. The first thing he tells me is that I had a BMI of an obese person and that crashed me, how did I let myself get there?? Second thing he tells me "You are going to lose 60 lbs in 6 months" and I thought to myself "this man is NUTS what am I doing here?' But at that point I was willing to try EVERYTHING and ANYTHING so I thought I'd try and lose some money and not lose weight and eventually give up.

My First day to my new life: 
So the next day I started working out with him and for the first week I was in so much pain that I already wanted to give up, but I told myself to just stay and see what would happen. He also gave me a personalized diet which I thought was terrible but compared to the one I am now it was such a great diet back then hehehe, anyway, his diet consisted of fruits, vegetables, lean meat, yogurt and some vitamins which at first I hated it but I was amazingly surprised that I didn't go hungry. So I worked my butt off and followed the diet and started losing the weight week by week. By the 5th week I started cheating here and there on my diet but still kept losing the weight, but by week 12 I thought I could cheat on weekends and keep my diet on the weekdays, but for 2 weeks I didn't lose anything. I still lost 27 lbs in 3 months which is AWESOME but I felt like giving up because I was working hard and not losing any weight. I didn't lose the weight because of my own fault for cheating on weekends but now I am back on track and still have 30 lbs to go. I am halfway there =)


Leave a Reply